Cluck, Cluck, Cluck

10 August 2008

6am! Oh, how you mock me. . .

We were up early in our house after a late night, go figure. 6 am should not exist on Sundays. New rule. Agreed?

Daughter and I had a fantastic dinner date with our friends F&L and their baby, The Godfather. We ate some awesome, awesome food and watched some Olympics. I could insert my rant about beach volleyball and their quote-un-quote uniforms (cough, cough...brought to you by Victoria's Secret...ahem), but I'm going to let it go. I guess. I get a little to emotionally involved with the swimming for my taste, but its only once every four years. No big thing.

Boyfriend didn't make it to dinner. He came down with something yesterday afternoon. Something nasty. He is still down for the count. Damn tourists and their noroviruses. Yuck.

No big plans for the rest of our weekend. I think we will make and appearance at the pool in a couple of hours. If boyfriend is up for it, I want to go for a run in an hour or so pre-swim.
-----
Daughter is very into her dresses now. She calls them her BEAUTY Dresses (ala Beauty and the Beast). We are spending a lot of time in twirly dresses this week.

I broke down and bought her a baby stroller. Which she L-O-V-E-S with the fire of a thousand suns. It goes everywhere she goes. We walk with it downtown. She takes it to the bathroom. She spins it round and round the apartment. She fills it with her bear or her baby or her stuffed kittens and goes for "adventures". She takes them 'running'. It is a very versatile stroller. Can't figure why that one that cost five bucks is so much more functional than the four frazillion dollars that I have spent on child transport devices that are not nearly so awesome. C'est la vie.

I have this post brewing in my mind about how I'm souring on how my feminism has affected my open mindedness when it comes to raising a girl. Haven't quite worked it all out just yet though.

Damn, we have just had a good summer. Despite the craptastic weather.

We are having very long and drawn out conversations now. Lots of questions. Lots of 'I want Maaaaaaamy!" Which is just about the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life. It seems like I waited an awfully long time to hear it.
-----
Also, I hate my hair. I have an emergency appointment Tuesday evening to deal with it, but I don't know what I want him to do. Just over it. All the swimming/coloring/growing out has rendered my super think/super fine hair a ratty, snarly, mess that I never do anything with other than pull up in a ponytail or bun or something. Its gross. It looks pretty good if I fill it with product and straighten it out, but that is an hour long process at this point and has happened a grand total of once in the past month and a half. I'm pretty useless when it comes to my hair. I loose upkeep motivation far too quickly.

No comments: