Cluck, Cluck, Cluck

30 October 2008

so, there is that.

Its Thursday and Daughter and I are both beat. I continue to not sleep well and Daughter was not ready to get up this morning. She was weepy and wandering when I arrived at her Dad's House at 8 to pick her up.

It is 9:30 as I sit here writing this and we are camped out on the couch, half asleep, covered in blankets, watching Aladdin. I am such a lazy mother. I'm on shots 5 and 6 of espresso this morning and they don't seem to be making much of a dent.

Note(s) to self: must cut back on coffee. Must figure out how to get more sleep. Also, must be more reliable about getting laundry done in a timely fashion. I really suck at all three of those things. FAIL.

I'm ready for the election to be O V E R. I don't do particularly well with uncertainty and there is a lot of that floating around everywhere these days. If nothing else, Election Day (good god, let it be decided on Election Day) will bring some unknowns to an end.

Daughter and I have to make a ton of Macaroni and Cheese (adapted from my Grandmother's recipe) today. That might help my overall outlook on life.

NaBloPoMo
starts on Sunday. I'm really looking forward to that too. I think that some sort of new structure will be good for me as well.

And I'm getting my hair cut on Tuesday, because when you are only a campaign VOLUNTEER, you can do indulgent things on Election Day like get you hair done so you look totally hot for Election Night Festivities.

And I'm going to Seattle for a few days next week for a meeting. I'm really looking forward to the trip and to the work we are going to get done and hanging out with my friends R.S. & S.F.

Daughter is with me the entire week after I get back, too. Her dad will be away at a work conference. So that is awesome.

And we have a Target. And I was there again yesterday. And its such a treat to have our very own Target that has cute things like this and this and is right here instead of all the way in Seattle like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and all the other cool places like this.

AND I've finally booked all the travel arrangements for our Christmas Trip. Which is a whole new set of stresses, but at least we are all committed now. So, there is that.

No comments: