Cluck, Cluck, Cluck

05 November 2008

44.

Whoot!

That is just about all I can say. Whoot!

We have a couple of contested big races up here and my in person early absentee ballot has not yet been counted, but Yes. We. DID! Holy hell.

Boyfriend and I were lounging around in bed this morning (Ha! I woke up, in a bed, with a man!) and talking about how he never thought he would see this in his life time and what a hell of a thing it is and I am far more struck by the fact that my child will never live in a country where it is a break from the norm for a person who's skin doesn't look like yours to hold the highest office in the land.

Proudest moment of my day? Daughter listening to the news on the radio in the car and without any prompting whatsoever saying very emphatically..."That is Barack Obama. He is our President now." And then disolving into a fit of giggles.

Hope won. Change has begun anew in America. I'm a proud American today. I don't say that all that often.

Whoot!

(Also, that woman I can't stand got kicked to the curb and by 'curb' I mean back to my backyard and that sucks, but I'll gladly take one for Team America today. And yes, those Alaskan Grown sweatshirts are a real thing and yes everyone including my kid has one. They are, to be fair, a fundraising effort for a local farmer's asssociation, but ewwwwwwwwwww. I can definatly never wear one now and they are mostly all green and damn that blue is ugly.)

No comments: